For over more than 6 years, I have been trying to lose weight, however, I am losing my mind instead..
Sometime in late 2020, I decided to take control of this situation and my life and act upon it. I made a 100 day plan and decided to stick to it. It was a simple plan - to walk for 5 kms every single day. I was successful on my 100 day plan, just that few days after having accomplished my 100 day plan, I started slipping on what I had started, sometimes I would walk only for 3 kms or 2 kms and at times I would skip. There were also few months, when I consistently walked for only 2-3 kms a day. However, I was determined to continue it and over the last year I would say, I walked for an average of 8-9 months over the course of 1 year. I would call this a success considering I started off only with a 100 day plan.
This year, to take things to the next level (is how I refer to increasing intensity of my exercises), I wanted to of course continue to go for a walk everyday but also add some more weight training, some more yoga into my routine. And so I made another 100 day plan for the same thinking that since I could achieve something last year with all the dedication and passion, I would repeat my success story and will easily achieve my new 100 day goal for 2022.
To my surprise, I am literally struggling to keep up with my new 100 day plan to an extent that I am have been extremely irregular with old plan as well - walking. Instead of setting myself up for the next success story, I feel like I am losing the game completely. To add to this, I also started with a nutrition plan after consulting a professional and after having followed for only 2 weeks, I have almost given up.
Of course there have been distractions in my life in the last 2 weeks - role change at work, intense work hours, zero promising dates, war related news, inflation related news.. With all this going on, I just could not keep my motivation on for walks, exercises, balanced meals, ... and on and on.. But distractions have always been an excuse. How do I keep going irrespective of disappointing or even exciting events / news happening around me. How shall I keep my focus in place?
I started watching motivational videos over YouTube to improve my focus. I watched some good and inspiring videos I would say, but I am not exactly sure how I feel about all the information I heard. I need time to process what is being shared, and apply those suggestions into my day to day life. I need time to make some adjustments to my plan so that I am able to continue with it because I don't want to give up on my 100 day plan for 2022.
Perhaps what I need is some quiet time and relaxed state of mind to think about what is important to me at a personal level and what is important to me at a professional level. How do I maintain a balance between both and how can I achieve my personal as well as professional goals. Have I taken on too many things in my life? How can I simplify and focus only on those important little things..
With so much clutter in my head, I decided to start writing this blog because I feel this blog will help me to stay on track, help me to unclutter my mind, and keep me honest. I just don't want to make plans and accomplish them secretly, but I also want to share it with all of you (or few of you) who are interested to achieve similar goals or make similar plans and make yourself successful by achieving those little goals or learn from my mistakes if I fail (which I know I will - many times).
So, I take a pledge today that I will not give up on my personal as well as professional goals. I want to make a 100 day plan to achieve these goals (in my mind there are 3) in 2022. This year consists of 365 days. 75 days have already gone by. And I have less than 300 days to achieve 3 goals - 290 days to be precise. A little less than 100 days per goal unless I try to overlap the last few days that way I could also make sometime for vacation during the year.
Now, I also want to be precise when I talk about achieving goals and how will I achieve them. As I watch some of the inspiring YouTube videos, there seem to be many methods to make a plan, and several ways to execute those plans. So I am going to employ some of those methods during the rest of the day today and make a concrete plan (what do I want to achieve in the next 100 days, why do I want it, how will I achieve it).
With that, I will get back to my planning activity. That's all for today. See you tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment